Have fun, Be safe
Millions of people over hundreds of years have enjoyed fireworks.
Accidents can happen. Don't let it happen to you with fireworks because the consequences of carelessness can be devastating.
The guidelines for a safe fireworks party are very simple to observe:
1. Follow the Fireworks Code. 2. Use only CE BSEN 15947
3. Take special care with sparklers
- Check this when you are buying. All reputable dealers will only sell fireworks to this standard and if you are ever offered any others leave them alone!
4. Further advice, publications etc:
- Sparklers can be beautiful and enjoyable for young children but adults must be aware of their potential. Sparklers are the cause of a disproportionate number of injuries but only a few simple precautions are necessary.
- Always supervise children with sparklers.
- Teach them to hold the sparkler at arms length, but not near anyone else
- Sparklers are not for the under 5s. They will be labelled as such and it is your responsibility.
- Have a container of water handy, big enough for the spent sparkler. Dump the sparkler in it as soon as it goes out.
Fireworks Code Poster
Fireworks Teenagers Poster
DTI Safety Leaflet
Asian Language Fireworks Code